Forum

Back to forum overview
Back to Events
Nanuke
Officer
15th August - Nightmare Pilgrim teamup [POSTPONED] | 11/08-2012 06:41

So we were wondering how to solve problem with not being able to do 16man ops groups for the time being. The most wanted thing to do with 16man ops is most probably the Nightmare Pilgrim as 16man mode operations are pure madness (don't worry we shall do that too, but later). From this came up the idea to team up with other guild and give Pilgrim a try. Our friends in arms will be guild Hex Droid's United

When it happens?

15th August 2012 at 8:00pm/20:00 CET
Please be online ONE HOUR before the event.

What will be needed?

Nano is to supply 8 people into the group of roles:

• 1 Tank
  • 2 Healers
  • 5 DPS
PLEASE EVERYONE WHO CAN, BE ONLINE.
I can't promise everyone to get into the group, we want the best of our guild to have a go at this first teamup kill (ye we won't try, we will kill) and hopefuly repeat next time with people being switched around. Just be online so we can make the group. If you won't be picked up for this, we shall take you to next event, promise :P.

Tactics!!!

Here are some usefull links to guides:
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/204...
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/sdoy9/12_nightmar...

And here some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C6gIM_w6wI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdvnrTF8fBQ

BE READY!

oleost
11/08-2012 15:36

What I great event, sadly I can`t come probably.

In the middle of moving to my new home.

oleost
11/08-2012 22:31
BTW, is   " Hex Droid's United " using ventrilo aswell? or do they use another VoIP software like Mumble or something else?

May be an idea to get that clear. So if we use different programs either this guild, or the other guild get the right program installed and ready before raid.

Nanuke
Officer
11/08-2012 22:47

Yes we have talked about that during the date and time negotiations but haven't come to final decision. They are using Team Speak but also said most of their members got ventrilo as well.

So even though I will be asking them about what we will use for the event, would be best if people from our guild could get Team Speak too, just in case.

oleost
12/08-2012 01:40
Abit off-topic. BIG latency on Ventrilo servers. No wonder I always run to late, even if I run exactly when Anhedonia say run...

Nanuke
Officer
12/08-2012 02:04
can't really change from vent to ts avo or someone prepaid the server for year :), never experienced any latency problems tho O.o

Hotwired
Officer
13/08-2012 15:35
Wed is fine.

Group needs to be on top of stopping DPS immediately when Blood Mark is cast (then check who has it, swap targets if you have it)

Also when NMP casts shield which reflects damage (again swap targets)

And infinite interrupts o.0

Nanuke
Officer
13/08-2012 17:46
In the guides, they say that DOTs do not trigger blood mark so dpsers just need to switch target unlike denova hm. \o/

Nanuke
Officer
14/08-2012 03:56
from todays email:

Unfortunately, I regrettably have to inform you that HDU can not attend our planned Nightmare Pilgrim event on Aug. 15th.

Due to recent internal developments we would like to postpone the event for at least 2 weeks, in order for us to properly prepare.

Thank you for understanding.

D'Niro, Hex Droids United.

-------------------

what a shame :<
will have to do some talky talky then.

Swathi
Officer
14/08-2012 08:57
peh slackers

Maddex
Officer
14/08-2012 10:59
ok...ok.. im coming tomorrow and you all know that i can solo nightmare pilgirm so it wont be a problem after tomorrow... :D
only thing that can be a problem is will i be able to activate my subscription so soon after i come home :)

Hotwired
Officer
14/08-2012 12:28
2 weeks to prepare what?

Nanuke
Officer
14/08-2012 17:14
dont know, maybe all their dps left guild :D, will try to catch some of them ingame today and get some more info :)

Hotwired
Officer
26/08-2012 19:06
so....

?

Swathi
Officer
26/08-2012 19:09
i saw one of the guy from their guild in random ev run (probably the one who was nanuke's friend) he asked about guild etc.. said sry about pilgram etc..
he also said their guild doing fine for now but i dont know details.

Nanuke
Officer
26/08-2012 19:54
yes its postponed forever now till we find other guild, since this one kinda fell appart :D

been talking with anhedonia and it might be better to wait a bit and do it ourselves since we got like 14 very active guildies

Anhedonia
Guildmaster
27/08-2012 02:43
I don't think we'll have a problem getting 16 people together, since we do have over 8 people who can clearn EC HM without any problem in one night, and some people geared enough to do NMP.

The only thing we need is to get all those people online at the same time, have all those people to KNOW TACS, have watched videos etc, have ventrilo working and have the item required to do pilgrim (Gormak Crystal AlphaWave Inhibitor) which can be bought for daily comms or crafted by some in the guild.

If we can do this, we won't have any problems getting NMP down.
It all comes down to interest and time for people in the guild.